Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Fried Chicken Noodles

How can I be hungry so early in the day after the heavy dinner of last night? Sigh. Lunch today is Fried Chicken Noodles. Quite yummy and for once it is nice & hot as the maid just brought it into the gallery.

It's fried with dark sauce so there's a musky, dark quality to the flavour that is lightened by the little shreds of cabbage. The chicken is lightly sauted with light soy sauce. I reckon it's a little over-cooked but still tasty.

No coffee so far this morning and I am trying to resist the call of Spinelli's. Resist ... resist .. I must resist ... Resistance is futile. The designer has gone out to buy coffee. Sigh. I have the will power of a gnat.

Hours later in the Hall of Gluttons ... someone brought a box of curry puffs into the gallery. And not just your ordinary curry puffs. The golden ones with the light, fluffy and layered pastry and spiced-just-enough-to-perk-the-tongue-without-blowing-your-head-off type of curry puffs. I had two. Oink.


One of my fave artists also came into the office to work on future concepts. Am so impressed with his eye and sensitivity to the nuances of shades, movement and energy within a composition. He has talent coming out of his wazoo and I have to admit that admiration and jealousy fought a bitter battle within me. Fortunately, he is truly a nice guy so I forgave him for having a disgusting surfeit of talent. The fact that he had a sense of humour was also good and made the few hours he languished before the computer with us fairly painlessly. At one point, we were rather impressed by the layers on the curry puff and were tempted to take a picture. Except that we wolfed it down faster than we could take a picture. Oh well ... priorities ...

P/S. I used a photo from the Internet and cannot remember the source so if it is yours, do let me know and I will insert the proper attribution.

Categories - Rambling Prose

2 Comments:

Blogger 3A Gurl said...

It is so hard to find decent curry puffs here in Melbourne. So when the new Thai take away joint offered them , I just had to try and they are the best I have tasted so far. Okay..not up to Polar Puffs standard or the home made Malay style but heaven in Melbourne. And yes, I stared hard at the construction before wolfing it down.

9:27 am  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, what's home-made Malay style? Is that the flatter ones with the spiced sardines stuffing? The ones from Taka were way better than Polar's. When you come back here for a visit, we should have an expedition to Taka to hunt them down.

6:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home